My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
www.dewdropdream.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm not one to whinge about adulthood

Usually.

But there's something about the day that's making me wish it was the sort of summertime childhood blessed you with. The sort of summertime that involved Kirrin Island, picnics, swims and adventures in rural settings. Or at least, the summertime of blazing sushine, lazy afternoons spent in cool lofts or tree forks or even just the cool interiors of the house reading and fantasising about Enid Blyton's tales. And despite having eaten a lunch, drooling at the descriptions of food.

Thankfully, this time I can actually fix that bit.

8 comments:

  1. yeah... i hate responsibility.
    so i'm kinda stuck. don't want to be a kid again...and don't want to grow up. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:47 AM

    @raysh: are you feeling peter-pan ish?
    ~alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaa.. yeah, but then, i don't even want to be a kid again.
    so i dunno... kinda stuck with nowhere to go... sigh.

    also, i saw 'finding neverland' and now i can't get johnny depp outta my head. SIGH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:58 PM

    @R:Depp. Sigh.

    @D: Kahan ho tum? First you stage maha walkouts on humanity, and then you write cryptic posts and then you don't even reply to comments these days! Phew. Big rant. But seriously, where are you?

    ~alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catty: I don't mind the responsibility ... I think I might be missing that carefree feeling, bas.

    Alice: Idharich hai! Cryptic posts?! Non non mademoiselle! :D I've been lazy about replying ... just feels like there's nothing to say, y'know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:02 PM

    "And despite having eaten a lunch, drooling at the descriptions of food." ahh well..one can still do this in adulthood;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can delete the last comment :( Was blog-hopping and ended up saying here what I intended to say somewhere else :P

    What I did want to say here was this: My biggest grouse in life is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:27 PM

    how does one be carefree when u have to shoulder all those random 'adult' responsibilities?
    - reshma.
    p.s.: yeah, it is me. just not signing in and going thru the security chk! ;)

    ReplyDelete